[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Tamala rhythm? - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 6 posts
By jah2big
Does anyone know anything about a rhythm called "Tamala" if so can you give me info on it's
origins. There's gent named Lamin Jassey on youtube sharing two patterns, but know Dunun and
no solo. Would like to know if there is a dance and lyrics also. Thanks
By michi
Sorry, I don't know anything about this rhythm. In general, I would be a little careful learning from this person. He is not the master he bills himself as.

Cheers,

Michi.
By ds99
michi wrote:Sorry, I don't know anything about this rhythm. In general, I would be a little careful learning from this person. He is not the master he bills himself as.

Cheers,

Michi.

I wonder about that too, how many use the title master for teaching ? or to gain students
By michi
You can count the number of masters in the world on the fingers of two hands, approximately. So, sadly, all the other uses of the word "master" are there for marketing reasons.

Cheers,

Michi.
By bubudi
tamala means 'traveller' in malinke. i have not heard of a traditional djembe (or even kutiro or bari) rhythm by this name. my guess is it was his creation.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 6 posts