For chatting and discussions.
michi wrote:
Waraba wrote:...and the tone is probably off, too. And your hands are really made of mush.
My, my, we are expressing a lot of self-confidence today, aren't we? ;-)

Michi.

:dance2: feelin' groovy!
TNT wrote:I learned to read Michi the moderators post so I learn something. Detailed doesn’t leave much to imagination I respect that.
I'm not quite sure what to make of that. If you mean that I tend to pay more attention to detail and do more research than the average person, you are right :) I'm a scientist by trade, and I put my research and reasoning skills to use when I feel they are useful for the job. I don't think it means that I approach everything this way. If I did, I probably wouldn't be interested in Malinke music :)

Michi.
TNT wrote:I learned to read Michi the moderators post so I learn something. Detailed doesn’t leave much to imagination I respect that.

X2 Closetdrummer
I just learned I'm not the only Closetdrummer. lol :dance:
by alifaa » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:43 am

EvanP wrote:
...all the parts for Kpanlago, Goombe, Ginger and ...Wassalodon.

You wouldn't have just come back from Ekome Tour would you Evan?? Sounds like some of the same rhythms I learnt in 2008!! The "ginger" one is called Kakachoofa, which means ginger!

If you did just come back, were you in the main group or the advanced group?
Yes, the same stuff you learned, and Kakatufa it is (although I'm not sure of the spelling). I was in the "advanced" group, although that was being very generous, since on my best day I'm a reasonably competent intermediate player (as was just confirmed again in Mamady's workshop). I'd heard that in years past the "advanced" was truly advanced. This year, there were a couple of us to begin with, but within a couple days the "advanced" group had 8 and the "main" group had 4. Regardless, I was adequately challenged, had a blast, and wish I could have bottled some of that positive mojo!