[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
A tiny bit of horn tooting.... - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 6 posts
By rachelnguyen
So, last week my teacher invited me to play at a school performance with him and his uncle. His uncle is an accomplished djembefola who has never seen me play before. When I first got there, there was still a dance class going on. They were dancing Dansa. I sat there for awhile and Issa (the uncle) noticed I had a drum and nodded to me to start playing. So, I did! I picked up in the middle of the piece with the accompaniment and fell right in with the soloist. The guy on dun duns was one of the school music teachers, and was playing right next to my head. He was wandering off the rhythm pretty badly, but I somehow managed, despite that, to stay on the rhythm. I can't tell you what a kick I got when I looked up and noticed the look of amazement on Issa's face, LOL.

Ok... horn tooting over.

:-)
By bubudi
you should have kicked that clown off the dunun and played them yourself ;) am sure the kids would have cheered if you'd have done so! :giggle:
jokes aside, nice going rachel!
By Djembe-nerd
I will start going to play with dance classes starting next week :-) I did once before and played the 1st acommpaniment for Mendiani.
By rachelnguyen
Hey Adam,

We performed Mendiani later that afternoon and it was fun and hard! LOL. I bet you will have a blast.

As to kicking the guy off the dun duns... first, I am not a dundunfola. I would have likely sucked. And second... it was his event. Not a good move to be rude to the host of the event! :-0

He was a very nice guy, though. And I think he would be good if he started taking classes.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 6 posts