[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dance class! - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 8 posts
By Carl
I'm getting to play for another dance class tonight!
:dance:

There is not much of a local scene, so my expectations are not that high, but hopefully this is how it starts!

The dance teacher is Alhassane "Papin" Camara from Guinea, he was in the ballet Tayeleh.
He currently resides somewhere in the midwest US (I think).

Anyone heard of him?

Here's hoping that this turns into a "scene"!

C
By michi
I'm getting to play for another dance class tonight!
Good on ya! :)

I'm off in an hour's time to teach the first class for the new year after our Christmas break. Can't wait... :) Judging from the phone enquiries, it looks like Genghis Khan's hordes are going to show up for the beginner's class too. I'm hoping I'll have enough chairs and drums...

Cheers,

Michi.
By Carl
Sounds great Michi, have a good time. I had my first class of the year last week. there was good energy. (it helps that we were working on Zaouli, hard not to be happy while working on that tune!)

C
By Carl
Good class, if small.

5 dancers plus the teacher.
5 drummers.

I played dunun "Ivory Coast" style (one head on the floor, two sticks)

We did sinte (which I do not otherwise know) and soli which was pretty standard.

I got some blisters on my thumbs because I do not usually play that way for so long.

Good contacts made, Alhassan and Elizabeth (the hosts of the event) are coming over to my class on Wednesday for more fun. I'm hoping that their friend, the dance teacher, will still be around.

Alhassan (the dancer, not the one married to Elizabeth) was a good teacher, though I think he overshot the class by a bit, two of the dancers were fine, but the other three were really struggling.

Gotta run!
C
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 8 posts