[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Another case of anthrax.... - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 9 posts
By Carl
Rachel,

I am quite familiar with this case (I know the mother of the person who got infected, and I have been in contact with a drum importer/facilitator with is in communication with the CDC on this case)

The woman who was infected spent a lot of time on farms this past summer, and the CDC is more interested in checking into that then checking my friends drums. It has NOT been confirmed that the woman got anthrax from drums. And according to the CDC it is not likely that that was the source of the infection (not impossible, just not likely)

If you do feel the need to get your drums checked, contact the Center for Disease Control for help.

C
By rachelnguyen
Hi Carl,

Nah, I don't really need to get my drums tested. After all, I have had a new skin on it for a month or so and haven't gotten sick yet. And that skin has been hanging on my wall for months, LOL.

I wish the newspapers had been more clear about the details of this particular case. First, anthrax on a farm is a very different issue than spores on an imported djembe. I would imagine that is real cause for concern if that turns out to be where she picked it up.

Second, I couldn't understand how she could have gotten the intestinal variety unless she had been using her drumhead as a plate.

I will pray for her speedy recovery. Thanks for filling in the missing information.

Love,
Rachel
By Carl
Thanks for your good vibes

as far as getting intestinal anthrax from goat skins, what do you mean? doesn't everyone lick their drum for good luck?

(humor isn't always the best medicine, but it does help with the energy)

Carl
By bubudi
rachelnguyen wrote:Second, I couldn't understand how she could have gotten the intestinal variety unless she had been using her drumhead as a plate.
if she ate before fully removing the spores from her hands... it actually takes very thorough handwashing.

french kissing the skin of a dead animal grosses me out.
By Carl
News update: There was anthrax found at the drum circle, it has not been verified as the same strain that infected the woman. It is interesting to note that the woman mostly played her own drum which was !SYNTHETIC!

I am following this story with another teacher from the area, we will probably start a PR campaign once the facts come out, hopefully we will be able to get some news coverage of the "boring facts" once the "exciting hypotheses" die down.

Peace,
C
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 9 posts