[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Oh well - what can you do.........Drum aquisition disorder! - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 5 posts
Was walking past a music shop today and just had to walk in. They had a stock of what i would call 'beginners' djembes (painted decoration featuring turtles etc). In a corner i noticed a plain undecorated djemebe that just looked better quality than the others, very nice wood, better stringing and a really nice skin. Had a play with it and it sounded good - lovely bass and nice slap. The skin felt much better than the other drums. Anyway - I just had to ask the price. I was told that all their djembes were priced acording to head size and that the cheapest were £20 for a 6 inch head and that they wanted £70 for that particular drum.

Anyway I bought the drum. It really does sound very good and way better than other 'cheap' drums i have heard. I do not know what wood it is made of but it is a very hard wood although fairly light in colour. In the past I have made a couple of medieval drums and re-skinned a djembe. The skin on this drum has the same feel to it as the quality skin i used when i built my drums - not at all like the cheaper heavily chemically cured skins found on cheap drums.

All in all i am very pleased with it.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 5 posts