[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The future of djembefola.com - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 7 posts
By djembefola.com admin
Hey everyone.

It feels like engagement around here has been sliding. I personally haven't been around recently, as I am no longer playing djembe, and have moved on to other full engagements of my time.

Michi, who has been a long term financial supporter, as well as moderator here at djembefola.com is now also moving on, and we won't be able to depend on his contributions, which I feel have been keeping the ship afloat.

I feel that previous efforts to get support from the community have failed.

Perhaps I mis-executed, mis communicated, or just plain mis-operated, I don't know.

I have felt unsupported and ultimately it has left me feeling un-motivated to do the work that is needed in order to technically maintain our community and drive it forward.

Djembefola.com is a non-stop financial and psychological drain on me, and I've been avoiding making any decisions because it's quite heartbreaking after all of the work I put in to throw this away.

I also strongly believe that djembefola.com is a huge resource to those who are interested in learning about .

So I came to you, the community as ask us to be real and honest:

Would you miss djembefola.com if it was gone?
Does anyone have any ideas what led us here, and how we might move forward?
By Dugafola
thanks james and michi.

would i miss it if it were gone? there's a lot of great old content here. what happens to it all? can it be cached and accessed for reference?

i think jenbe interest worldwide has plateau'd....maybe even dipped a bit. Facebook hasn't helped it either which i think is one of the main reasons people stopped coming around here. that said, there's a "djembefola" group on FB that could get better if people came by to talk about jenbe stuff and not spam their jenbes for sale or their workshops. I'm a mod for that and cull posts hard!!!!!
By Erny
Yes, thank you James an Michi for your work keeping alive this forum.

I would miss djembefola.com, because it is a source of knowledge on african drumming and a place for discussions on music, drums, techniques and useful DIY´s.

It might be helpful for members to know which amount of money would be needed per month to keep the forum alive?

Greetings...
...Erny
By drtom
Yes, I would miss this forum. I've learned a great deal here and have had the opportunity to share some of my knowledge. This has been a great resource for many, a great community and I hope it can continue.

I've noticed the dip in engagement myself, which has contributed to a decrease in my own engagement. I can imagine others having a similar experience.

It might be helpful, as Erny suggests, to let us know exactly what is needed. If maintenance of the site is lacking, maybe you can take on volunteers to help. I might be able to invest some time.
By korman
I would miss the forum too. The older threads contain loads of valuable information, and when the place was more lively some interesting discussions were had. I'm just afraid that this kind of communication is now considered old fashioned by the instagram generation. I'm actually one of the 3 patrons on patreon, but I guess a more thorough rethink of what this site could and should be is needed.
By the kid
So what are the options now. Don’t look good. Cheers to anyone who did support it. I failed, feel bad now! Lotta good content alright shame for it To be lost. How many gigs of info is there?
By drtom
Hey Folks,

Hope everyone's been able to stay healthy and sane through all the recent madness. And I do mean ALL, because there's plenty of it - as I write this my state is on fire, literally.

I've been checking back now and then and mostly couldn't even bring up the site. This time I was even able to login. Yay! A sign of life, I hope.

Just a holler to see if anyone notices. Everyone take good care of yourselves - and be good to each other.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 7 posts