For chatting and discussions.
I just listened to the ten samples, and the only one that is clearly distinct to my ear is #9.
'Oh yea Djalla has a distinct sound as opposed to Lenge which has muddy undertones, with a hint of 'Oh là là'.

I like your logic.
Sorry I disappeared again, life kicked up a storm, and kicked my butt. (will spare you the details unless you want them)
I listened to the recordings, and I was starting to guess, but I saw your reveal in the middle of it, oops. But I had guessed 1, 6 and 7 correctly as Lenke. I got 4 and 5 wrong, and the rest I would have gotten wrong also if I finished. So, 3/10. There are about 5 possibilities for each, so it's only slightly better than random chance of 1/5 (or 2/10).

It was more difficult than I'd expected, for a few reasons, but fun to try!
Thanks Djembefeeling, I looked up Badenya on Wikipedia and that sounds good, I could use a bit of that in my life right about now. I wonder where/how you learned about it?

Thanks The Kid, good to hear from you too. Yeah, Kali chewed me up, but thankfully spat me out, for the time being. On the nerding out side of things, I haven't forgotten the medicinal uses of djembe woods thread topic, and look forward to it. They're all so richly medicinal, it's kind of mind-boggling.

It's sort of related to the "tell wood from sound" topic, because the chemistry of the wood plays a significant role in the sound of the wood, and the same chemicals turn out to be medicinal.